Canada Covid-19 Updates English Featured News Updates Ontario

Covid-19: 60 deaths in Ontario, 88 in Quebec

TORONTO – Another 60 deaths in one day: 10,726 the total number of victims from Covid-19 in Ontario. That recorded today is the highest number of daily numbers in nearly a year: the last time daily deaths reached this level was February 4, 2021, when 88 deaths were reported. 

On the other hand, the number of hospital admissions in Ontario has dropped: they are now 4,132, compared to 4,183 the day before today. ICU employment increased slightly, from 580 to 589.

According to the data in the possession of the Province, 53% of those hospitalized in ordinary wards are made up of people who ended up in hospital due to Covid-19, while the remaining 47% were hospitalized for other reasons but tested positive for the virus once they enter in the hospital. 82% of ICU patients are instead in ICU due to Covid-19, while 18% of cases are there for other reasons, but they also have the virus.

As for the vaccination status, 224 of the people in intensive care are fully vaccinated, 185 are not vaccinated and 18 are vaccinated. The remaining 162 patients have an unknown vaccination status.

Moving on to the new cases – even if the data are underestimated due to the limited access to the tests only to the “at risk” categories – today Ontario recorded 5,744 out of a total of 34,579 tests processed, with a positive rate of 22%. Officials reported that 4,109 of the new cases reported today were people fully vaccinated with two doses, 880 unvaccinated, 186 with an unknown vaccination status. 12,891 cases of the disease resolved today: the number of Ontario patients recovered from the beginning of the pandemic is now 874,445, while the total number of laboratory confirmed cases in Ontario is 969,437. The cases still active and are not 84,266.

Regarding the territorial distribution of today’s new cases, 949 were detected in Toronto, 914 in the Peel region, 390 in the York region, 436 in the Halton region, 202 in the Durham region, 359 in Hamilton, 307 in the region. of Waterloo, 306 in Windsor-Essex, 298 in Simcoe-Muskoka and 244 in Ottawa. All other regions reported fewer than 200 new cases.

According to the epidemiological report of the province, of the 5,744 new infections reported today, 434 cases were identified in children under the age of 12, 379 among young people between 12 and 19 years, 2,197 between 20 and 39 years, 1,604 in people aged 40 to 59 years, 789 in people aged 60 to 79 and 328 cases in people over 80 years of age.

In Quebec the situation is once again almost specular: today, only eight more hospitalizations (now there are 3,425 patients in hospitals), a slight decrease in intensive care cases (now there are 285) but many deaths: 88, which lead to total from the beginning of the pandemic to 12,541. The cases still active and known in Quebec are 52,059.

Let’s see the status of hospitalizations across Canada: Ontario 4,132, Quebec 3,425, Alberta 1,089, British Columbia 854, Manitoba 588, Saskatchewan 189, New Brunswick113, Nova Scotia 73, Newfoundland and Labrador 14, Prince Edward Island 8.

Photo by Vladimir Fedotov on Unsplash

Leave a Reply


cnmng.ca ***This project is made possible in part thanks to the financial support of Canadian Heritage;
and Corriere.ca

“The content of this project represents the opinions of the authors and does not necessarily represent the policies or the views of the Department of Heritage or of the Government of Canada”