Canada Covid-19 Updates English Featured News Updates Ontario

Covid-19 in Ontario, hospitalizations return to rise

TORONTO – The weekend has passed, the data provided by the hospitals are more complete and here are the hospitalizations: 1,699 patients registered today in Ontario, against 1,423 on Monday, when not all hospitals had yet communicated their data. 

Of the infected patients present in hospitals today, 251 are not vaccinated and 999 are fully vaccinated (the vaccination status of the remaining patients is unknown).

It is also true that less than half of the hospitalized are in hospital due to Covid: only 42%. The remaining 58%, in fact, tested positive after being hospitalized for other pathologies. In intensive care, these percentages are 66% and 34% respectively. Of the patients currently being treated for Covid-19 in intensive care, 27 are unvaccinated and 90 are fully vaccinated (the vaccination status of the remaining patients is unknown).

16 deaths were also recorded today, after yesterday’s “zero deaths” day. Since the start of the pandemic in Ontario, 12,858 people have lost their lives to the disease.

With 11,755 tests processed in the last 24 hours and 1,547 cases detected, the positive rate of the province is 13.2%. Of the new cases, 952 concern people who received three doses of the vaccine, 251 two doses, 199 one dose or while none of the vaccine status of the remaining infected is unknown.

The active and known cases – albeit only on tests reserved for “at risk” categories – today is 28,046 against 29,173 the day before yesterday, therefore continuously for the past week. However, the provincial wastewater data seems to show the concentration of the virus increasing in most regions. “Sometimes it’s a little bit high, sometimes it’s a bit low, sometimes it’s plateau, and obviously this is a huge province, so it’s different in different areas of the province,” the specialist in Infectious Diseases, Dr. Isaac Bogoch, told CP24 on Monday.

Since the start of the pandemic, the total number of laboratory-confirmed cases in Ontario has been 1,263,202, of which 1,222,298 have resolved with patient healing.

Photo by Önder Örtel on Unsplash

Leave a Reply


cnmng.ca ***This project is made possible in part thanks to the financial support of Canadian Heritage;
and Corriere.ca

“The content of this project represents the opinions of the authors and does not necessarily represent the policies or the views of the Department of Heritage or of the Government of Canada”