Canada Covid-19 Updates English Featured News Updates Ontario

Covid, another 16 dead in Ontario. “But the virus is slowing down”

TORONTO – Another 16 deaths related to Covid-19, today, in Ontario: the number of victims in the province since the beginning of the pandemic rises to 13,099. In recent weeks, the number of deaths has been particularly high: 108 in the past seven days and 467 in the past thirty days. 

On the other hand, there has been a decline in hospitalizations in the last 24 hours: after the increase recorded between Monday and Tuesday (from 1,122 to 1,345 infected patients in hospitals), today the number fell back to 1,248. Intensive therapies are also slightly down, with 163 people with the virus present against 165 yesterday.

The new vaccination data for hospitalized patients 812 are fully vaccinated, 142 are vaccinated and 47 are unvaccinated. The vaccination status of the other hospitalized patients was not disclosed. Of the patients admitted to hospital, 62% were hospitalized for a reason other than Covid-19 but are positive for the virus at the time of the hospital admission result, while the remaining 38% are hospitalized due to Covid-19. In intensive care, on the other hand, the majority of patients are there because of the virus, 60%, while the remaining 40% are in intensive care for other pathologies and tested positive after the hospital test. Still in intensive care, 69 patients are fully vaccinated, 26 administered vaccinated and 11 unvaccinated. Of the remainder, the vaccination status was not disclosed.

Covid-tests in the province remain limited to “at-risk” groups: today 15,599 were performed and 1,692 cases emerged: this produced a positive rate of 10.5%. Of the new cases, 201 people not vaccinated or vaccinated, 270 people with two doses of the vaccine and 1,087 people with three doses of the vaccine. The status of the remaining 134 people is unknown.

The active cases and do not continue to decline: from the 18,270 of yesterday to the 17,572 of today. The numbers, as we always repeat, are far from reality a cause of the small number of repetitive tests, however the trend now seems to be that of a constant decline in infected people.

Since the start of the pandemic, Ontario has recorded 1,290,249 laboratory-confirmed infections: 1,259,578 patients have recovered.

According to Dr Isaac Bogoch, an infectious disease specialist at UHN, “Almost all the data points in the right direction: things are improving. The sewage signals have also been declining for a while. We’ve had a big wave and this one. wave is receding” he told CP24.

Photo from https://www.gomrc.it 

Leave a Reply


cnmng.ca ***This project is made possible in part thanks to the financial support of Canadian Heritage;
and Corriere.ca

“The content of this project represents the opinions of the authors and does not necessarily represent the policies or the views of the Department of Heritage or of the Government of Canada”