Thanks to improvements in key health indicators, Ontario will move into Step 3 of the province’s reopening plan on Friday. That means the easing of Covid-19 restrictions for several public health and workplace measures including capacity limits for indoor/outdoor settings. It also opens opportunity for more Ontarians to return to work.
TORONTO ― The Ontario government is investing $141 million to extend the temporary wage increase for personal support workers and direct support workers in publicly funded home and community care, long-term care, public hospitals, and social services sectors. This temporary wage increase will continue until August 23, 2021, and will help stabilize, attract and retain the workforce needed to provide a high level of care during the COVID-19 pandemic. (more…)
What does a masked dancing stripper have in common with Ramadan, Netflix, marijuana buyer, a gym, a T-shirt bought on Amazon and the church of Polish pastor Arthur Pawłowski in Calgary?
On Monday, a Polish pastor in Calgary, Artur Pawłowski, was released from jail. On Saturday he was arrested for (more…)
TORONTO – Humanity is facing the biggest threat of the last century. Covid-19, according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University, has so far infected more than 155 million people worldwide, killing more than 3.2 million. (more…)
The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) warned that Covid-19 cases are on the rise in the Americas and that, without prevention actions, there is a risk that this boom will be worse than the one that many countries went through last year. (more…)
The five amazing nominees in Toronto are:
- “R” Bakery located at 326 Marlee Ave.
- Zito’s Market Place located at 210 Marlee Ave.
- Rustic Bakery Ltd. located at 318 Rustic Rd.
- Angel’s Bakery and Deli located at 296 Roger’s Rd.
- Amico Bakery located at 2889 Dufferin St.
Be sure to support your local bakeries by ordering and picking up some Zeppole. Voting will continue over the weekend.
Zeppole are a traditional Italian pastry usually prepared for the Feast of Saint Joseph celebrated on March 19 every year. The photo below features Frank D’Amico showcasing the tasty treats at Angel’s Bakery and Deli.
- The federal Liberals lead the Conservatives by four seats, with the NDP remaining unchanged.
- Liberals have 33 seats, Conservatives have 29, and the NDP has one.
- On a regional basis, we see a close three-way race in British Columbia, broad Conservative leads in the Prairies, a 13-point Liberal lead in Ontario, a 7-point Liberal lead over the PQ in Quebec, and a 21-point Liberal lead in Atlantic Canada.
- “Essentially nothing has changed since the last survey, indicating that we may be entering a period in which political opinions remain stable, particularly as the risk of a third COVID wave rises and the public focuses on the consequences,” Says David Coletto, Abacus Data (more…)