Skip to content
Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup
  • Home
  • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Your Preferences
    • Editorials
    • Gastronomy
    • Health & Medicine
    • Interviews
    • Community
    • News Updates
    • Opinion
    • Podcasts & Videos
    • Politics
    • Show Biz
    • Sport
  • Contact Us
Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup
Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup

Covid, isolation falls for positives: worried doctors

Mariella Policheni, September 1, 2022August 25, 2023

TORONTO – Ontario Officer of Health Kieran Moore to eliminate the five-day isolation obligation for people who test positive for Covid, has sparked controversy to no end. 

Although people, tired of the restrictions caused by the pandemic, have resumed traveling, going out and enjoying the summer, Canada’s head of public health Theresa Tam and numerous virologists and epidemiologists predict an autumn of galloping infections. A full-blown eighth wave, to be clear.

With isolation becoming light — only sick people should isolate themselves while symptomatic and return to work or school 24 hours after their symptoms end — boys’ return to school and spend more time indoors, Dr. Moore’s decision was not welcomed. “I don’t think this is a good move at all,” Dr Dick Zoutman, former chief of staff at Scarborough Health Network and a lecturer at Queen’s University and the University of Toronto, told CTV News.

Taking Covid lightly, underestimating its contagiousness and the severity of the infection it causes, according to Zoutman, is unconscious. The doctor then urged people to continue wearing masks indoors and reiterated that Covid is a serious disease that “affects every organ of the body”.

According to Zoutman, eliminating the five-day quarantine obligation is completely wrong: “People affected by Covid – he said – remain infectious for at least ten days after experiencing the symptoms of the disease”.

It’s still too early to sing victory, the virus is among us, and its spread could, Zoutman says, have profound implications on critical services like the health care system and first responders. “This policy only makes us ignore reality, all we can do is hope that everything will be fine,” concludes the doctor.

Meanwhile, starting yesterday in Ontario, parents can book booster doses of the Covid-19 vaccine for their children who are five to 11 years of age.

Appointments to have children administer the booster can be made through the portal on the province’s website or through local public health units, as well as some pharmacies and health workers.

Earlier this month, Health Canada said it had approved Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine as a booster for children in this age group to provide continued protection against the disease. The agency said the third dose should be given at least six months after the second.

Third doses, according to Moore, are important now that students will return to school for the first time without Covid-19 restrictions.

Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health said that better ventilation and environmental cleanliness in schools, combined with the level of immunization across Ontario, indicate that “we can now have a more permissive approach to returning to the classroom.”

Canada Covid-19 Updates English Featured News Updates Ontario canadá”covidcovid-19doctorsenglishfallsfeaturedforisolation,newsontariopositivesupdatesworried

Post navigation

Previous post
Next post

Related Posts

Covid-19 Updates

Daily update of Ontario’s Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign

March 30, 2022August 25, 2023

…

Read More

Warning: Attempt to read property "user_nicename" on false in /home/cnmng/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 267

Cidade de Toronto lança projeto piloto para testar recolha de dejetos caninos


Warning: Attempt to read property "user_nicename" on false in /home/cnmng/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 267
May 4, 2021August 25, 2023

…

/home/cnmng/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 267
https://www.cnmng.ca/cidade-de-toronto-lanca-projeto-piloto-para-recolha-de-dejetos-caninos/language/"> Read More
Covid-19 Updates

Daily update of Ontario’s Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign

November 28, 2021August 25, 2023

…

Read More

Latest Articles

  • CORRIERE CANADESE / Apulia Steps Up for Filmmakers August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / La Puglia si fa avanti per aiutare i registi August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / Intesa Canada-Usa, si lavora per rifinire gli ultimi dettagli August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / Time for the rubber to hit the road August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / È arrivato il momento della prova dei fatti August 21, 2026

Search Articles by Date

August 2026
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Jul    

Our Sponsors

Lido Construction Pascale_Di_Poce
©2026 Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup | WordPress Theme by SuperbThemes