Canada Covid-19 Updates English Featured News Updates Ontario Quebec

Ontario, hospitalizations are still growing: +275 in one day

TORONTO – The number of infected patients in Ontario hospitals continues to grow: today it rose to 1,730 from 1,455 twenty-four hours earlier. The total number of people admitted to intensive care is stable: 219. Tuesday’s report therefore marks an increase of 275 patients overall in a single day. 

Of the total, 1,075 are fully vaccinated, 235 unvaccinated and 76 partially vaccinated (no information on vaccination for the remaining patients). 55% of these hospitalizations are “accidental”, which means that these people were not hospitalized due to Covid-19 but tested positive at the time of the hospital admission test. The remaining 45% is instead due to the virus. As for intensive care, 102 patients are fully vaccinated, 27 are not vaccinated and 4 are partially vaccinated (no information on vaccination for the remaining patients). 65% of these patients were hospitalized due to Covid-19, while 35% tested positive after being hospitalized for other diseases.

As for infections, out of 13,451 tests carried out in the last 24 hours – and reserved only for the “at risk” categories – 1,827 cases were detected, with a positivity rate of 13.2%. The active and known cases are now, officially, 32,747, down since today (33,905) and since Sunday (34,520).

Meanwhile, another 14 deaths have been reported in the past 24 hours, bringing the death toll in Ontario since the start of the pandemic to 12,750.

Last week, Dr. Kieran Moore, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, said he was “cautiously optimistic” that hospitalizations related to the virus are expected to peak in the coming days.

In Quebec the massacre due to the virus does not stop: another 32 people died today (after the 62 who died between Saturday and Monday), the total number of victims since the beginning of the pandemic is now at 14,906.

The number of patients in the hospitals remains substantially stable (2,409) while hospitalizations in intensive care have increased, passing from 86 to 90 in twenty-four hours. Out of a total of 13,479 samples analyzed, 1,670 new cases were detected: the active and known cases are now, officially, 34,380, a sharp increase compared to 32,742 the day before.

This count does not include, however, the data from the portal activated by the Quebec government to encourage people to declare the status of their rapid tests at home so that provincial health officials can have a clearer picture of the levels of infection in the province . today, 629 tests were entered, of which 508 were positive. Since the activation of the portal 195,583 rapid tests have been declared, of which 159,662 positive.

Photo by Jakayla Toney on Unsplash

Leave a Reply


cnmng.ca ***This project is made possible in part thanks to the financial support of Canadian Heritage;
and Corriere.ca

“The content of this project represents the opinions of the authors and does not necessarily represent the policies or the views of the Department of Heritage or of the Government of Canada”