Skip to content
Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup
  • Home
  • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Your Preferences
    • Editorials
    • Gastronomy
    • Health & Medicine
    • Interviews
    • Community
    • News Updates
    • Opinion
    • Podcasts & Videos
    • Politics
    • Show Biz
    • Sport
  • Contact Us
Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup
Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup

Ontario: in classroom without masks, at least for now

Marzio Pelù, August 8, 2022August 25, 2023

TORONTO – Ontario school students will not have to wear masks during the fall semester: the Ministry of Education confirmed it today. The use of protective equipment will be voluntary and masks will be available to students upon request. Rapid tests will also remain available in schools. 

The fall semester 2022 will therefore be the first, complete, since the beginning of the pandemic, in which Ontario students will not be forced to wear masks. Unless the situation worsens and the reintroduction of security measures is not necessary. On this, however, the government has not yet expressed itself: the details of a possible “plan B” in the event of an increase in infections are lacking.

The mandatory use of face masks ended in most Ontario facilities on March 21, when the devices were made optional for students in classrooms. Then, late last month, the Ministry of Education announced a plan to help students catch up after two years of (or near) learning disruptions.

“Our government’s plan to catch up is designed to keep students in safe classrooms without interruption,” Education Minister Stephen Lecce told CTV yesterday. “This plan – added the minister – is focused on helping students get back on track, learn work and life skills and enjoy the full return of clubs, sports and extra-curricular programs, essential for physical health. and mental of the students. This starts with being in class, on time, with full school experience coupled with historical mental health supports and mentoring. “

However, few details have been disclosed, we said, on how the government intends to ensure that in-person learning continues throughout the year, particularly if another wave of Covid-19 hits the province. Instead, the government touted its previous investments in ventilation improvements and filtration units, the provision of rapid tests for staff and students, and funding for parents to offset the costs of online learning. According to the Province, approximately $ 26.6 billion has been earmarked for primary and secondary education in Ontario for the 2022-23 school year.

Photo from Unsplash

Canada Covid-19 Updates English Featured News Updates Ontario Toronto canadá”classroomcovid-19englishfeaturedforleastmasksnewsnow….ontariotoronto.updateswithout

Post navigation

Previous post
Next post

Related Posts

Canada

CORRIERE CANADESE / Dazi, oggi il vertice Carney-Trump

October 7, 2025

…

Read More

আমরা ড. ইউনূস-কে নিরাপদে দেখতে চাই, সাক্ষাতকারে জানালেন স্যাম ডালে-হ্যারিস

March 16, 2023August 25, 2023

…

Read More
Arts & Culture

CORRIERE CANADESE / Appello di Papa Leone XIV per salvare il cinema

December 5, 2025

…

Read More

Latest Articles

  • CORRIERE CANADESE / Apulia Steps Up for Filmmakers August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / La Puglia si fa avanti per aiutare i registi August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / Intesa Canada-Usa, si lavora per rifinire gli ultimi dettagli August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / Time for the rubber to hit the road August 21, 2026
  • CORRIERE CANADESE / È arrivato il momento della prova dei fatti August 21, 2026

Search Articles by Date

August 2026
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Jul    

Our Sponsors

Lido Construction Pascale_Di_Poce
©2026 Canadian National Multimedia Newsgroup | WordPress Theme by SuperbThemes